Tell me your four favorite fruits.
I like almost all fruits. Especially when they’re ripe and delicious. Yummm.
- D’Anjou Pears
- Golden Delicious Apples
Tell me four things that you have made from scratch with chocolate (or just candy if you don’t/can’t have chocolate).
The following four things are probably some of my favorite things to make with chocolate.
- Flourless chocolate torte. A month or so ago, I made a Bon Appetit recipe that I wanted to try for years. The torte came out great, but was very rich and decadent, like fudge.
- Chocolate ganache. Haven’t made ganache in a long time… maybe I should do that soon.
- Chocolate cake/cupcakes. Believe it or not, the recipe on the back of the Hershey’s Cocoa box is amazing. Try it, if you are looking for a super-moist, delicious chocolate cak recipe that can be made into a whole cake or cupcakes. I’ve done both.
- English toffee. A layer of toffee and almonds with chocolate on top… yum.
Tell me four things that you like cold or uncooked almost as much as you like cooked.
Pretentious raw foodies send me into a fit of tremors and rage. Oops… did I say that? ANYWAY.
- Raw zucchini with coarse salt, pepper, and lemon extra-virgin olive oil. I discovered how delicious raw zucchini was this past summer when I was getting ready to grill some vegetables and needed a snack in the meantime.
- Cookie dough and cake batter. A lot of people are nervous about the raw eggs in cookie dough and cake batter. Not me. Maybe if you buy your eggs from the skeezemart you have a reason to be worried, but so far – knock on wood – I have never been sick in the (almost) 22 years that I have been nibbling raw cookie dough and cake batter from the bowl while baking.
- Tuna. It has to be a good-quality tuna and prepared in a civiche, tartare, or seared and served rare. I wouldn’t nibble just any raw tuna.