Writing prompt via Saturday 9
1) In this song, Jennifer sings, “I look good in love…” What about you? When you’re happy, or sad, does it show? Or do you keep an even demeanor, no matter what?
It really depends on the situation and who I am around.
2) This song played over the closing credits of a hit movie, Sex and the City. When you go to the movies, do you visit the concession stand for popcorn, or a soft drink, or candy?
Of course! Popcorn and a Diet Coke are a must for movie-watching at the theater.
3) Think of the last movie you watched at home. Was it a DVD, DVR, streamed or cable presentation?
We just finished watching The Interview on Netflix. It was ok, but not as funny as Pineapple Express or some of the other Seth Rogen and/or James Franco flicks that I have seen.
4) Jennifer Hudson got good grades in high school and went away to Langston University in Oklahoma. But she was homesick for her family in Chicago and came home after just one semester. Have you ever been homesick?
I generally enjoy traveling and seeing new and different things, so nothing jumps out at me. When I travel for work, I sometimes get tired and look forward to coming home, if nothing else then to get off the plane and away from germy people, do some laundry and get different clothes to wear, and lounge around and watch TV. Chicago was cold and snowy the last time I was there (last March), and the convention hall didn’t turn the heat on during set-up so it was absolutely freezing inside until the show started. Brrrrrr would be an understatement. It was especially nice to get back home after being at the tradeshow for most of the week, standing around in a convention hall half of the time and dealing with travel hassles the other half.
5) Jennifer received acclaim for her renditions of “The Star Spangled Banner” at the 2008 Democratic Convention and Super Bowl XLIII. Do you agree with critics who say that our National Anthem is hard to sing?
Yes, and there have certainly been some awful versions sung in the past. I am not familiar with Jennifer Hudson’s version at the DNC, but she is generally a good vocalist so I can imagine that she performed well.
6) Jennifer is a spokesperson for Weight Watchers and, with diet and exercise, went from a size 18 to a size 6. She says that while she’s committed to healthy eating, she still enjoys ice cream occasionally. Do you prefer your ice cream in a cone or a cup?
A cone, preferably sugar.
7) Her fiance, Daniel Otunga, is a graduate of Harvard Law School. Harvard is the most famous of the eight “Ivy League” schools. Do you know the other seven?
Going to guess here and say Yale is one and Princeton might be another… all seven, I have no clue. I just know that I didn’t go to an Ivy, but I did go to a private university and that was still expensive.
8) With a Grammy and an Oscar, Jennifer Hudson is one of the most successful American Idol contestants. Can you name another singer who appeared on AI?
Personally, I am not a fan of the show — at all — but I think the whole free world knows Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken.
9) Last year, Jennifer nearly bought a brand-new Ferrari because it was so great looking. At the last moment she backed out of the deal because she doesn’t drive enough to warrant such an expensive car. What’s the last impulse purchase you either made, or resisted?
Oh man, I can’t say in good faith that I would “back out” of purchasing a Ferrari, if I had the means, but good for her I guess. The last impulse purchase that I made was a watch, black-coated stainless steel and a black face with copper-colored hands and accents. I have wanted an all-black watch for some time and I finally saw that one that I had my eye on was 40% off, so I got it.